The children’s play areas at Hillside and King George V Playing Field are now open; with guidelines in place to help stop the spread of Covid-19.
Anyone visiting the play areas with their children are asked to follow these guidelines:
Please remain two metres from other people where possible and follow the latest Government advice on social distancing.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use
- Please bring hand sanitiser gel or wipes to clean children’s hands
- Wash or sanitise your hands more often than usual – especially before and after play
- Do not touch your face, if you have to cough or sneeze, use a tissue or your arm if you don’t have a tissue
- Do not put your mouth near the play equipment
- Parents/carers are responsible for the decision if their children should wear a face mask when using the play area.
- Only six people allowed in the play areas at any one time – a parent/carer of a disabled player may be allowed in addition to this number
- Only one family member/adult to accompany a child in play area
- Only one piece of equipment to be used by one family group at a time.
- Allow others to leave before you enter the play area – if you need to wait, please stay clear of the area
- Please leave the play area as soon as you have finished playing
- Please use the play area for no longer than 20 minutes at busy times
Scientific advice suggests that the COVID-19 virus can survive for up to several days on some hard surfaces, though the risks are reduced when outdoors, where surfaces may be subject to UV light and/or rain.
People aged 70 or over, pregnant or have underlying medical conditions remain at greater risk and should continue to take care to minimise contact with people from outside their household.
Please refer to government guideline updates at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-managing-playgrounds-and-outdoor-gyms