Applications are invited for the post of Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
The Clerk is the Proper Officer to the Parish Council. Duties include:
- Attendance at meetings – held the second Thursday of the month at 7p.m.
- The preparation of meeting agendas and the taking of minutes of Parish Council meetings.
- Keeping accurate financial records, banking, invoices, and payment of accounts.
- Setting the council’s budget, liaising with auditors, preparing end of year accounts.
- Acting on decisions and resolutions taken at council meetings.
- Dealing with correspondence from Councillors, members of the public and external organisations.
- Maintaining and updating the council’s policies, procedures and risk assessments.
The successful applicant will have:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good IT skills.
- An understanding of basic accounting processes.
- An ability to understand and interpret local government law.
- Ability to work on their own.
- A relevant qualification (CiLCA) or the willingness to work towards achieving this.
- Knowledge of the area would also be an advantage.
The Clerk will be required to work from home, for which an allowance is paid, a laptop and printer/scanner can be provided.
The council would require the successful candidate to work some set hours to cover meetings and the total hours will be 10 hours per week. The council holds 11 parish council meetings per year and there may be some committee meetings to attend.
Training will be offered as appropriate and remuneration will be based on experience, but within the LC2 SCP 26 to 29, £12.40 to £13.76 per hour.
The Job Description and Person Specification can be found below and information about the Parish Council including agendas and minutes of previous meetings are on the relevant pages on this website.
Closing Date for applications: 24.08.2018
Interview Date: Friday 31st August 2018 after 3pm, venue to be confirmed
Application: To apply please send a current CV plus a letter of application giving full details of relevant experience, your suitability for the role and reasons for applying to:
The Chair of Findern Parish Council
Cllr Mary Goodall
9 Longlands Mews